Thursday, December 3, 2009
Chocolate Cranberry Cupcakes
First off I have an announcement, all this month I'm going to embark on a cupcake baking marathon. There will be a new post everyday to encourage all of you to participate in my Logo contest details here. And might I remind you there is a prize for this contest. So keep checking back all month long for new cupcakes and crazy stuff. Well maybe not too crazy.
Now here is the recipe for cranberry chocolate cupcakes:
1 can of cranberry juice concentrate
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1 cup yogurt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter
Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature!
(well except for the boiling water)
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F
2. Carefully add the boiling water to cocoa powder in a bowl and mix until the cocoa is dissolved
3. Microwave the butter and chocolate chips together, mixing every 10 seconds until melted
4. Add the two mixtures together
5. Add in the cranberry concentrate and brown sugar
6. Mix until it has cooled back down, then add in the eggs and yogurt and mix thoroughly
7. Add in the flour and baking powder and soda
8. Fill the cupcake tins with about 1/4 cup each and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the bubbling stops.
I didn't put frosting on these, mostly because my mixer is in the dishwasher at the moment, but they were on the sweet side so I liked them without frosting.
They turn out very moist and delicious.
Tip of the day: If your refrigerator goes haywire and freezes your ingredients don't just go ahead and use them anyway, wait until they warm up... the results of just going ahead and using them aren't delicious.
at 1:49 PM