Thursday, December 10, 2009

Attempted Cinnamon-roll Cupcakes




My post is late today, sorry. 


Ok on to the cinnamon roll cupcake disaster. Edible but hideous.


I really wanted to make cute little cinnamon rolls in convenient little paper cups but, 1st my 1 cup measuring cup which is always in my flour was somehow replaced with my 2/3 cup measuring cup.... so without thinking I just measured the flour with that.... so my results are more than a cup short of flour.... which caused extremely gooey dough, which is hard to make into adorable little rolls....


So here is the recipe (this one isn't mine, it can be found here.)


Ingredients:

Dough-
1 cup milk
1 large egg
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 1/3 cups bread flour (ended up being about 2 1/4 cups flour for me)
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1-1/2 teaspoons bread machine/ rapid rise yeast


Cinnamon sugar filling-
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Put all ingredients in bread maker
2. Set bread maker to make just dough
3. Let bread maker work
4. Take out dough, roll flat (if you did it right) or just take it out and let it sit in a huge sticky ball
5. Make the cinnamon sugar filling by mixing the sugar and cinnamon together
6. If you made the dough correctly sprinkle the mixture liberally all over the nicely rolled out dough, if you did it my way pinch off little chunks of dough, roll them in the mixture and plop them into the cupcake tins until about 1/3 full
7. If you did it correctly roll your dough into a long sort of tube like cinnamon roll, and slice small pieces off putting one in each cupcake tin
8. Bake for 20-23 minutes

Now for frosting I have another cautionary tale. Do not try to make buttercream frosting with margarine. It does not work.... at all.


Before the frosting


After I tried to cover up the hideous awful frosting with cinnamon sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment