On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me
a partridge in a pear tree... wait no..
pear cupcakes with ugly pretzel/chocolate trees
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
29 oz can of canned pears
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Cups flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Strain your pears so you just have pears and no sauce
3. Put the pears in blender and puree them until they are just pear goo
4. In a bowl combine melted butter, eggs, sugar, yogurt, and vanilla. Beat thoroughly.
5. Add in the pear goo and continue mixing.
6. Add in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until fully integrated.
7. Scoop 1/4 cup into each cupcake tin and bake for 18-20 minutes
For frosting I made buttercream frosting
1 stick butter
1 cup powdered sugar
mix them together until frosting forms
To decorate I made little chocolate pretzel trees which sort of look like zombie hands instead of trees. But here is how to do it.
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Several handfuls of stick pretzels
A cookie sheet
Either tinfoil or parchment paper
1. In the microwave melt the chocolate in a cup, you'll want it to be fully melted.
2. Line your cookie sheet with your tinfoil or parchment paper
3. lay out some pretzels and using the chocolate as glue (use lots of chocolate) stick other pretzels (broken or whole, your choice) to them
4. Once you've made all the trees you want you'll want to stick the whole cookie sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes
5. After the 15 minutes your little trees will pop right off the tinfoil/parchment paper and be ready to get stuck in a cupcake
Remember to enter my Quest for a Logo Contest details here.