Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 24-26 Cupcakes
1 cup water
1/2 cup yogurt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup cocoa powder
21 oz can of pie cherries
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F
2. In a sauce pan combine the cherries and water, simmer for ten minutes
3. In a large bowl add the hot cherries to the cocoa powder and mix until it is entirely dissolved
4. Add in the two cups of chocolate chips and continues mixing until they've melted completely
5. Add in the yogurt and eggs and keep mixing.
6. Mix in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder
7. Fill each cupcake tin with 1/4 cup of batter and bake for 18-20 minutes
For frosting I made cherry jello frosting.
1 small box cherry jello
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Dissolve the jello in the boiling water
2. Add in the whipping cream and powdered sugar, then beat on high until it becomes thick
Remember to enter my Quest for a Logo Contest! Details here!
Tip of the day: Don't frost the cupcakes while they're still hot.... the frosting will melt.