I am sick, baby boy has a cough and Tim is a bit more tired than usual, we're a grim bunch over here. This calls for comfort food and movies. Luckily I'm well armed, smores mush and the 10th Kingdom (a 7 hour long made for tv movie that I've loved since I was a kid).
4 graham crackers
4 large marshmallows
1/2 tbl butter
1 chocolate bar
- Smash up the graham crackers
- Grate up half of your chocolate, I use a vegetable peeler, but a fine cheese grater should work just as well, maybe a zester.
- Microwave your marshmallows and butter for ten seconds, take them out and mix and then repeat once more
- Dump in the graham crackers and mix well
- Next dump in the grated chocolate and mix some more
- Finally top it off with the rest of the chocolate broken up into bite size pieces and eat with a fork while wearing pajamas and being pathetic.
- If you wanted you can do this just like you would rice krispy treats and smooth them out into a pan then cut them into bars but you'd need to increase the amounts and microwaving time
Do you have any great ideas for while-you're-sick foods? If I could I'd live off chocolate and chicken soup.