Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Muddy buddies



These muddy buddies were so much fun to make, which is why I have to start this post with the obnoxious picture of Tim shaking them up.

I was introduced to these last year, when my husband found them at waremart and immediately bought several bags, I had never heard of them before. One of our friends offered to make some, but we were impatient, we needed to eat them now. 

I got the recipe from chex

Ingredients: 
9 cups corn chex (I actually left this the same and doubled everything else)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/2 cup peanutbutter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla (which I accidentally left out)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I really just poured this in out of the bag it was in without measuring..)

Directions:
  1. In a quart sized bowl microwave chocolate, peanutbutter, and butter on high (for 20 seconds at a time stiring between each microwaving to prevent burning) until smooth
  2. Add in the vanilla (or not) and mix it up some more
  3. Dump that mixture on to the chex and stir until it is evenly (ish) covered (and don't cringe when you smash all of the chex....)
  4. Pour into a two gallon ziplock (or two one gallon) bag (s) and add in lots of powdered sugar
  5. Shake that bag like crazy
  6. They say you should spread it out on a cookie sheet and let it cool, but I just stuck the bags in the fridge (where you have to store it so it doesn't go bad)







And here is my husband shaking it up:


No comments:

Post a Comment