These muddy buddies were so much fun to make, which is why I have to start this post with the obnoxious picture of Tim shaking them up.
I was introduced to these last year, when my husband found them at waremart and immediately bought several bags, I had never heard of them before. One of our friends offered to make some, but we were impatient, we needed to eat them now.
I got the recipe from chex
9 cups corn chex (I actually left this the same and doubled everything else)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/2 cup peanutbutter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla (which I accidentally left out)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I really just poured this in out of the bag it was in without measuring..)
- In a quart sized bowl microwave chocolate, peanutbutter, and butter on high (for 20 seconds at a time stiring between each microwaving to prevent burning) until smooth
- Add in the vanilla (or not) and mix it up some more
- Dump that mixture on to the chex and stir until it is evenly (ish) covered (and don't cringe when you smash all of the chex....)
- Pour into a two gallon ziplock (or two one gallon) bag (s) and add in lots of powdered sugar
- Shake that bag like crazy
- They say you should spread it out on a cookie sheet and let it cool, but I just stuck the bags in the fridge (where you have to store it so it doesn't go bad)
And here is my husband shaking it up: