Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box of white cake mix
-Required ingredients listed on box
3 small tubes of food coloring ( I used red yellow and orange thinking they'd color most efficiently with the cake, but any colors should work )
1. Prepare the cake batter as instructed on the box
2. Split the batter equally into three bowls
3. Add roughly half of a tube of food coloring to each bowl and mix throughly
4. Spoon the various colors of batter into your cupcake tin (I found 1 dinner spoon of each color worked well)
5. Take a toothpick or fork and swirl the batter in the cupcake tin so that there aren't just clumps of color
6. Bake according to the instructions on the box
(when finished if you used plastic utensils or bowls wash them immediately or the dye will stain them)
I cheated when I made these because I have never worked with that much food coloring before, and in the case that it went horribly wrong I didn't want to be throwing away a whole lot of effort.
I frosted them with plain whipped vanilla frosting and some Swedish fish candies.