Monday, November 30, 2009
Angry Caramel Cupcakes
After the cupcake baking process was finished and I was able to try one of my creations I realized I wasn't quite as seething-ly furious anymore, so I dub these Angry Caramel Cupcakes. Bake then when someone is driving you mad.
2 1/2 cups flour
15-20 caramel squares ( I got mine from the bulk section of WinCo )
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
3 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. In a saucepan melt the butter on low
3. Once the butter is melted begin adding the unwrapped caramel squares two at a time until they are all melted while mixing constantly
4. Take the pan off the heat and add the evaporated milk a little bit at a time, making sure it is completely blended before adding more until they are entirely integrated
5. Dump the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the eggs then beat thoroughly.
6. Add the vanilla, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder; continue beating the mixture
7. Add in the flour and mix until you have batter.
8. Fill each cupcake tin with 1/4 cup of the batter and bake for 15 minutes.
I made butterscotch frosting to go with these, but it turned out really strong and I didn't want to overpower the fantastic flavor of the cupcakes (which really could be served sans-frosting) so I didn't use much, but here is the recipe.
(I really love making whipped pudding frosting because it is so easy)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 package of butterscotch pudding
1/8 cup milk
Put them all together in a bowl and beat on high until it is incredibly thick.
Please enjoy these cupcakes and make them instead of maiming the annoying people in your life.
This is what the caramel should look like when it is fully melted.
at 7:11 PM